Why join a studio, a one of a kind studio, a studio like Michigan Academy?
What’s so special about them that my current studio, or other ones in general, don’t have?
There are many dance studios in the Ann Arbor area. If you include Brighton, Chelsea, Saline, Ypsilanti, Canton, Dexter and all other cities in between there are an abundance of dance schools. Many of them offer classes for children and for teenagers as well. But if you had to choose which one would you? Michigan Academy has developed 8 reasons that make them stand out from the rest of the studios. If you become a part of the Academy family you can now have pride in a one-of-a-kind dance studio.
1. The Acadmey is a performing arts studio that has stood the test of time. With the adjustment and growth of performing arts in general, the Academy has adjusted its procedures and educating to stay ahead with the changing industry. If you start your dance classes, instrumental or voice lessons here, no matter if it’s one class or 20 classes a week, you can be sure that The Academy will be here to for you and/or your performer to progress and grow year after year.
2. Michigan Academy of Dance & Music, or The Acadmey for short, is available for beginners of all ages and have classes for every progression. Whatever the level dance, instrumental or vocal you want to achieve, whether it be recreation, performance, or competitive, The Academy has qualified educators and programs that are tops in their field.
3. The Academy is continually growing and adding new classes. To accommodate this growth we have just expanded our facility and faculty. We are one of the largest performing arts studios in SE Michigan; providing over 5500 sq. ft. of studio room space. We are giving our performers more space and opportunity.
4. Many studios do not offer the newest in technology for their students. In fact most performing arts studios have flooring past their 10 year old life span. The Academy has “floating” subfloors to give our students the best and safest platform to practice on. Besides safety, this protects developing bones, and joints in children. This “state of the art” flooring provides a safe and clean surface for your performer to rock out on. This is one of the standards we have followed in our studio from the start.
5. We always consider age appropriate music and costumes. Performance opportunities are provided for classes that are properly prepared and costumed, ensuring a positive experience and reception. The Academy shows and performances are always high quality and well received.
6. It is important to The Academy that our educators and staff are excellent role models. From our youngest to oldest classes the educators are chosen for their expertise and fun personalities to ensure the best experience for each performer. Performing and competing groups are taught by educators that are at the top in their field and continue to receive high recognition year after year.
7. Parents can have the peace of mind of knowing that their child is training with the highest standards and expertise available. Our parents enjoy participating in booster organizations and performer support groups as well as being included in some performances. They enjoy the camaraderie and friendships that they develop thru observing at the studio. These relationships make lifelong friendships.
8. The Academy strives to provide a direction in which to positively channel the energy and enthusiasm of youth, while providing a skill in a challenging atmosphere. We encourage excellence which develops a positive self-image. This is a solid foundation that a successful life can be built on.
The Academy is conveniently located between on the west side of Ann Arbor just minutes off I-94 at the Zeeb Road exit and close to the border between Washtenaw and Livingston Counties. We cater to dancers all across SE Michigan! This is a one of a kind experience for dancers and parents – come check out Michigan Academy of Dance & Music!